RC Dumpster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RC Dumpster

The one place for us to discuss, compare, and share, our RC experiance.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
OK all going to get this going again, lets have some fun and post away, thanks for joining.

Backslash Buggy Slash

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
zueslilbuddy
zueslilbuddy
Admin

Backslash Buggy Slash Empty
PostSubject: Backslash Buggy Slash   Backslash Buggy Slash Icon_minitimeSat Oct 18, 2008 12:41 am

[QUOTE=TheJANG][SIZE="6"]Project: \BACKSLASH[/SIZE]

Backslash Buggy Slash Backslash

Backslash Buggy Slash Backslash2

Hi all cheesygrin Long time no post. This is my Slash. I already made a [URL="http://www.ultimaterc.com/projects/project-21/"]4WD short course truck[/URL] out of a buggy, so it only made sense to make a buggy out of a short-course truck. It would need to be not just any buggy, though, but one with explosive acceleration, more speed than it can realistically use, and the ability to jump really, really far. Oh, and it needed to look good doing it. Piece of cake Very Happy

The Slash platform gave me everything I needed out of a chassis, so there was no reason to go crazy with a total conversion involving needlessly heavy aluminum, thick unsightly (imo) Lexan, or $85/sheet carbon. I don't always follow the rule of "if it ain't broke, don't fix it," but this time it just made too much sense to ignore.

Video:

• High-quality 640x480 is embedded on the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] project page
  • Low-bandwidth version is [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] on YouTube

Mods & upgrades:

• Pro-Line Crowd Pleazer body for the Kyosho 777
  • HPI (truggy... can't say the name, it's censored) wing mounts
  • Pro-Line high-downforce buggy wing
  • New Era 17mm adapters
  • Ofna Dominator MT3 Split wheels
  • Panther Komodo LP tires
  • Lehner Basic 5300kV motor
  • Castle Mamba Max ESC
  • 11/90 gearing
  • MaxAmps 4000mAH 3S1P LiPo
  • Losi silver front springs, green rear. Shocks mounted at the outer holes on the a-arms to reduce droop, increase damping & progressiveness. Big Bore shock caps.

Yep, that's it Sad No extreme mods. No scratchbuilt dual-deck spaceframe. Just the exact parts & minor modifications needed to get the job done.

Unfortunately I don't get a chance to browse here that often so I probably won't be fast to respond, but I wanted to share this with the community and hopefully give some ideas for more things you guys can do with this humble truck. More details & photos on the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] page.[/QUOTE]
Back to top Go down
https://smashing-rc-dumpster.forumotion.net

Backslash Buggy Slash
Page 1 of 1