RC Dumpster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RC Dumpster

The one place for us to discuss, compare, and share, our RC experiance.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
OK all going to get this going again, lets have some fun and post away, thanks for joining.

Tips and Tricks

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Montana Mike
Trash Disposal Team
Trash Disposal Team
Montana Mike

Tips and Tricks Empty
PostSubject: Tips and Tricks   Tips and Tricks Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 12:25 pm

I have heard of a lot of people breaking fuel tanks on there Maxx trucks. So when I got my first Maxx I put a little rubber o- ring on all four screws between the chassis and tank. That way if I do hit something hard or roll it there will be a little more cushioning there.
Back to top Go down
Montana Mike
Trash Disposal Team
Trash Disposal Team
Montana Mike

Tips and Tricks Empty
PostSubject: Reading your glow plugs   Tips and Tricks Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 12:30 pm

Glow plugs are very important to the performance of your engine. You can also read your glow plugs to determine if you are running too rich or too lean.

A brand new glow plug has a wire or filament that is shiny. If after running the wire is still shiny and the bottom of the plug is wet, then you are running too rich. You are probably getting only 85% of the maximum engine power.

If the wire turns starts to turn gray, and the bottom of the filament is slightly wet, then you are almost near the peak engine power.

Once you have a gray wire, and the bottom of the plug is dry, you are at 100% maximum power.

Once the glow plug wire starts to distort, you have exceeded the maximum power and are running too lean. Adjust to a slightly rich setting.

Hot plugs are used for hot summer days, while cold plugs are designed for cold "winter" days.
Back to top Go down

Tips and Tricks
Page 1 of 1