RC Dumpster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RC Dumpster

The one place for us to discuss, compare, and share, our RC experiance.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
OK all going to get this going again, lets have some fun and post away, thanks for joining.

good project truck???

Go down 
+3
Admin
ageekwithabaja
njbmxer
7 posters
AuthorMessage
njbmxer
Bashed Trash
Bashed Trash
njbmxer

good project truck??? Empty
PostSubject: good project truck???   good project truck??? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2008 9:17 pm

i started HS this year and at my HS you can chose which shop u want to take...im going to take auto machanics and my dad said that if im doing good in my other classes he would buy my a project truck.

i was thinking of a 85 ish ford f150 but i am open to suggestions
Back to top Go down
ageekwithabaja
Dumpster Diver
Dumpster Diver
ageekwithabaja

PostSubject: Re: good project truck???   good project truck??? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 2:00 pm

id say go with a 95 or earlier ford f250-f350 diesel
Back to top Go down
Admin
zueslilbuddy
zueslilbuddy
Admin

PostSubject: Re: good project truck???   good project truck??? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2008 10:46 am

Geek he said project not a $4000.00 daily driver cheesygrin

I'd say look for something in the 70's early 80's before the went crazy under the hood with electronics so you can actually work on it with out a degree.
Back to top Go down
https://smashing-rc-dumpster.forumotion.net
ageekwithabaja
Dumpster Diver
Dumpster Diver
ageekwithabaja

PostSubject: Re: good project truck???   good project truck??? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2008 11:51 am

well it would be a project
get one with a pretty good drive train and work on the body paint and interior
Back to top Go down
Admin
zueslilbuddy
zueslilbuddy
Admin

PostSubject: Re: good project truck???   good project truck??? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2008 12:02 pm

Well the thing is if its a 95 and needs all that I wouldnt want it to start with.
My 95 exploder urruumm Explorer has original paint no rust, interior is clean and great carpet.

When it comes to a project, the older the better.
I've had many.

Big thing to stay away from is something that is too far gone.

Forget drive train when building a project until its time for a drive train,unless you get lucky and it has good one in it.(going to pull motor anyway if you're going to do it rite)

And when you get into the newer trucks you get into all the electronics and vacume hoses to deal with.
Back to top Go down
https://smashing-rc-dumpster.forumotion.net
njbmxer
Bashed Trash
Bashed Trash
njbmxer

PostSubject: Re: good project truck???   good project truck??? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2008 3:27 pm

yea me and my dad pretty much decided on a ford f350 diesel...we arent going to do much to it..i want to put some stacks on it but my dad is saying no ) : and we are probably going to put a little lift on it and some bigger tires and what ever else needs to be done to it

it wont be for a while tho cus we are sorta tight on money ATM
Back to top Go down
ageekwithabaja
Dumpster Diver
Dumpster Diver
ageekwithabaja

PostSubject: Re: good project truck???   good project truck??? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2008 6:34 pm

the best part about getting a 95 is it has the tank engine(the 7.3 liter) they run for ever great engine one of fords best and the 95 has the turbo too
Back to top Go down
Fester
Trash Disposal Team
Trash Disposal Team
Fester

PostSubject: Re: good project truck???   good project truck??? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 2:41 am

get a older car or truck.a late 70's 80's chevy pickup would be a great project.i have owned quite a few and they are easy to work on.parts are a dime a dozen.it would be a great project.look threw craigslist or on ebay or ask around,drive around and see what people have tucked away..i gotten many cars and trucks from them being stoed away in a driveway just sitting there!keep us posted!
Back to top Go down
Fester
Trash Disposal Team
Trash Disposal Team
Fester

PostSubject: Re: good project truck???   good project truck??? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 5:28 pm

speaking of projects,heres mine.it needs to be redone as far as brake wise.i am gonna take out the 3.3 v6 and drop in a v8 i have for her.its a 79 malibu,atuomatic ,bucket seats with a floor shifter
good project truck??? IMG_3570
Back to top Go down
Montana Mike
Trash Disposal Team
Trash Disposal Team
Montana Mike

PostSubject: Re: good project truck???   good project truck??? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 6:46 pm

Fun Project indeed. I had a friend here a while ago that got one of these to build. He dumped a sickening amout of money into it. But it came out nice. He dropped it 3 inches, tubed out the rear end, put some suicide doors on it and painted it Canary Yellow. Looked very nice. Hope you have fun with this car. Looks very straight
Back to top Go down
Fester
Trash Disposal Team
Trash Disposal Team
Fester

PostSubject: Re: good project truck???   good project truck??? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 3:30 am

its in very good condition - i picked it up for a a grand from my ex girlfriend...really long story....anyway. shes solid!!!the thing is though her ex fixed the car for their son,the car is jury rigged!it will probally go in the shop ne xt month!
Back to top Go down
71goat
Dumpster Diver
Dumpster Diver
71goat

PostSubject: Re: good project truck???   good project truck??? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 8:21 am

Fester wrote:
its in very good condition - i picked it up for a a grand from my ex girlfriend...really long story....anyway. shes solid!!!the thing is though her ex fixed the car for their son,the car is jury rigged!it will probally go in the shop ne xt month!

them can be some nice sleepers,
buddy put a 327, m22 rock crusher , 12 bolt rear , and a 125 shot of juice
that was fun
Back to top Go down
Montana Mike
Trash Disposal Team
Trash Disposal Team
Montana Mike

PostSubject: Re: good project truck???   good project truck??? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 1:30 am

sounds like some quick tight fun to me
Back to top Go down
Fester
Trash Disposal Team
Trash Disposal Team
Fester

PostSubject: Re: good project truck???   good project truck??? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 5:18 pm

i have a few choices though///i am getting a 327 ,running out of a 70 chevy pickup,i also can take the motor out of my 92 gmc sierra (350) and use that.
Back to top Go down
RAZORBURN
Trash Disposal Team
Trash Disposal Team
RAZORBURN

PostSubject: Re: good project truck???   good project truck??? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 6:47 am

327 man plenty nut and very rare if youcan geta good running one hop on it
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: good project truck???   good project truck??? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

good project truck???
Page 1 of 1