RC Dumpster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RC Dumpster

The one place for us to discuss, compare, and share, our RC experiance.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
OK all going to get this going again, lets have some fun and post away, thanks for joining.

Bearings and stuff

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Explosive Racing
Dumpster Rat
Dumpster Rat
Explosive Racing

Bearings and stuff Empty
PostSubject: Bearings and stuff   Bearings and stuff Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 6:37 pm

Hey guys...

After we move (hopefully middle of march cheers ) I'm going to have an awesome RC workshop. And well, I'm hoping to go and rebuild all my rides.
I've tried to rebuild/clean my revo once (took me over 5 months, and nothing got done), but this time, I'm actually going to go through with rebuilding all my rides. But I need some help.
I hope to replace all the bearings, esscpeically in the revo because a few are missing
But, what type of bearings should I get? Is there any inexpensive ones? What do you suggest?
And is there anything else that I should replace when I rebuild all my rides? Any tips/hints?

Thanks,
Matt
Back to top Go down
http://www.explosiveracing.890m.com
Montana Mike
Trash Disposal Team
Trash Disposal Team
Montana Mike

Bearings and stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bearings and stuff   Bearings and stuff Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 7:08 pm

I take advantage of the winter to rip apart my rides. I replace bearings if they feel bad and I use bearings from Full Force RC. I also replace screws with theirs as well. They have handy kits for the bearings as well as the screws. Both are great quality and reasonably priced as well. I also clean all my gears in the differentials and inspect them for wear. If they are worn then I replace them other wise I just cram a bunch of Moly grease into the differentail and slap it all back together while I clean everything up. That way come spring I know everything is in tip top shape. Hope this helps
Back to top Go down
Admin
zueslilbuddy
zueslilbuddy
Admin

Bearings and stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bearings and stuff   Bearings and stuff Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 7:09 pm

This place has the cheapest bearings I've ever seen, and shipping is super cheap to.

I'll never buy bearings on ebay again lol!

http://www.avidrc.com/
Back to top Go down
https://smashing-rc-dumpster.forumotion.net
Explosive Racing
Dumpster Rat
Dumpster Rat
Explosive Racing

Bearings and stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bearings and stuff   Bearings and stuff Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 7:35 pm

Thanks for the link. They look good.
Back to top Go down
Admin
zueslilbuddy
zueslilbuddy
Admin

Bearings and stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bearings and stuff   Bearings and stuff Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 8:48 pm

Np I'll pass on a good deal when I find one
Back to top Go down
Montana Mike
Trash Disposal Team
Trash Disposal Team
Montana Mike

Bearings and stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bearings and stuff   Bearings and stuff Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 9:05 pm

true that, to many crooks out there taking advantage of our hard earned money
Back to top Go down
Explosive Racing
Dumpster Rat
Dumpster Rat
Explosive Racing

Bearings and stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bearings and stuff   Bearings and stuff Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 9:06 pm

Thats what I find nice about this hobby. Usually people are nice and share information, except for major racers, they usually keep their secrets. lol!
Back to top Go down
Montana Mike
Trash Disposal Team
Trash Disposal Team
Montana Mike

Bearings and stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bearings and stuff   Bearings and stuff Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 10:13 pm

yeah that is a nice thing about this hobby for sure
Back to top Go down
AEracer7
Dumpster Slime
Dumpster Slime

Bearings and stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bearings and stuff   Bearings and stuff Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 6:58 pm

ya I gotta agree with mike on the ffrc bearings they are waterproof and everything rite now in my slash I have wala wala bearings and they may be a little pricey but they are worth it the only thing is if you mud snow water w/e bash anything with water they'll rust and I haven't had a performance decrease yet but I wanna swcth to ffrc in my slash because of the rust but if you dont water bash then wala wala bearings would be the best bet but ffrc are still great.
Back to top Go down
Admin
zueslilbuddy
zueslilbuddy
Admin

Bearings and stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bearings and stuff   Bearings and stuff Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 7:20 pm

The thing is those bearings from that link I posted are so cheap for the price you'd pay for ffrc bearings you could change bearings like 6 times.
Back to top Go down
RAZORBURN
Trash Disposal Team
Trash Disposal Team
RAZORBURN

Bearings and stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bearings and stuff   Bearings and stuff Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 10:42 pm

WOW THOSE ARE CHEAP
Back to top Go down
Montana Mike
Trash Disposal Team
Trash Disposal Team
Montana Mike

Bearings and stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bearings and stuff   Bearings and stuff Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 2:36 pm

I looked at the site Larry and the Full Force bearings are a dollar a piece as well. I might try out the ones you linked next winter see if the hold up as good
Back to top Go down
RAZORBURN
Trash Disposal Team
Trash Disposal Team
RAZORBURN

Bearings and stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bearings and stuff   Bearings and stuff Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 8:19 am

do they have bearing kit by model ?? that would be nice
Back to top Go down
Montana Mike
Trash Disposal Team
Trash Disposal Team
Montana Mike

Bearings and stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bearings and stuff   Bearings and stuff Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 10:05 am

Fullforce sells alot of kits for different manufacturers, as well as certain sizes in packs of ten. Here is there website www.fullforcerc.com
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Bearings and stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bearings and stuff   Bearings and stuff Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bearings and stuff
Page 1 of 1